My dear fellow Croftie Porter, sent this to me via Twitter. Not one to stand down a blogging challenge, I submit this as my first post in a while! Don’t worry, I’ll be back to talking about Ultimate/New Year’s resolution and other January musings next week 😉
Rules of the game
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, then create eleven new people to ask the people you’ve tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Eleven Facts about Me:
1. I had a strange 80s punk phase in middle school. I cut my shirts off the shoulder, only wore converse, wore costume jewelry, worshiped John Hughes movies, and swooned over any guy who could ride a skateboard or rock a mohawk. (This always amuses but does not surprise people, which is why it’s #1. )
2. I love old-fashioned names. I would name every pet or child in my future something really old-timey like “Felder” or “Nadine” or “Drury.”
3. I would also seriously consider naming my pet or offspring “Che.”
4. I can decorate my house better than I can dress myself. I DON’T KNOW HOW TO MATCH CLOTHES! Someone help me.
5. I buy almost everything generic except cheese. I buy expensive cheeses.
6. I only buy cooking or news magazine. Which probably contributes to my inability to match clothes.
7. I’m watching a Scrabble documentary. This is a typical night for me.
8. I collect little pieces of art from all the places I travel, usually with an animal theme.
9. I’ve learned a lot living with a guy, such as they are TOTALLY cleaner than girls (less hair REALLY helps.)
10. On that note, I really miss living in a sorority house sometimes. I love living with my best friend, but living with 50+ BEST FRIENDS?? That’s pretty sweet. And it temporary solved my clothes-matching dilemma.
11. Even though I’m studying interactive media, I get really antsy if I spend an entire day looking at a screen. I like real books, real people, and keeping my eyesight.
Questions from Porter:
1. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset. I have tried getting up for sunrises and it’s never a very happy time for me.
2. McGonnagall or Snape? I respect Snape’s whole self-sacrifice for love thing, but I gotta go with McGonagall- brains, guts, and she’s not afraid to kick some butt. I think it’s the feminist in me. Wait, I KNOW it’s the feminist in me.
3. Beach house, lake house, or mountain cottage? All 3? Ok ok, lake house. They don’t get wrecked by hurricanes, and they’re good in the winter AND summer. Boo Yah.
4. Fiction or non-fiction? I like both, depending on my mood, but the books that have inspired or touched me the most have been non-fiction.
5. Solid colors or patterns? Solids to wear, patterns for my house!
6. Book smell or freshly-cut-grass smell? Book smell. Obvi.
7. Black and white or color? COLOR!
8. Cooking or baking? This is hard. I have a better track record with cooking so that!
9. Salty or sweet? Sweet.
10. Favorite flavor? Garlic.
11. Why did you start blogging/tumbling? Because I wanted a way to keep track of everything I was doing in Ecuador when I studied abroad. It’s morphed since then, but doesn’t everything!
Here are my questions (give a why too!):
1. What’s one food staple that’s always in your kitchen?
2. Wine or Beer?
3. Read the book, or see the movie?
4. Would you rather work at a desk or somewhere comfy like a bed or couch?
5. What’s your favorite board game?
6. What’s one website you check every day (not social media)?
7. Do you make Bucket Lists? Name one thing on your list.
8. What’s one city you want to live in?
9. Warm weather or cool weather?
10. What’s your DREAM job?
11. Why did you start blogging/tumbling?